We welcome you to our website www.eona-lab.com (hereinafter referred to as the "website").
We endeavour to ensure, to the best of our ability, the accuracy and updating of the information on this website, the content of which we reserve the right to correct at any time and without notice.
We disclaim any responsibility for :
- any damage resulting from fraudulent intrusion by a third party leading to a modification of the information made available on the website.
- and more generally any damage, direct or indirect, whatever the cause, origin, nature or consequences, caused by anyone's access to the site, or the impossibility of accessing it, the use of the site and/or the credit given to any information coming directly or indirectly from the latter.
These terms and conditions of sale are agreed on the one hand by EONA Laboratories and on the other hand by any natural or legal person wishing to make a purchase via our website.
These terms and conditions of sale exclusively govern the sale of products offered on our website. The placing of an order through this site implies an unreserved acceptance by the buyer of these terms and conditions of sale.
EONA Laboratories reserves the right to modify its terms and conditions of sale at any time. In this case, the applicable conditions will be those in force on the date of the order by the buyer.
Article 1 Characteristics of products offered
The products offered comply with current French legislation.
The products offered on the site are only valid within the limits of available stocks.
The photographs presented are not contractual.
Article 2 Prices
The prices listed on our website are prices including VAT in euros. They do not include shipping and packing costs. We reserve the right to modify our prices at any time, it being understood, however, that the price appearing on the website on the day of the order will be the only one applicable to the buyer.
Prices are set by our Laboratories and may differ from the prices charged by some retailers, who are free to set their own selling prices.
Promotional offers are only valid for as long as the offer in question is valid.
Article 3 Orders
Order confirmation implies acceptance of these terms and conditions of sale and acknowledgement that you are fully aware of them.
All the data provided and the recorded confirmation will be worth proof of the transaction. Confirmation will be worth signing and accepting the completed transactions.
Article 4 Cancellation (Art L121-20-12 and L221-5 of the Consumer Code
The buyer has a period of 14 clear days, extendable until the first following working day, upon receipt of his order, to return the products, for exchange or refund without any penalty other than the cost of reshipment. This right to cancel cannot be exercised if the product or products have obviously been used.
To exercise this right, the buyer must inform EONA Laboratories within this period of his decision to cancel, for example by mail or on the website www.eona-lab.com, under the heading "Contact". In the latter case, an acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to the buyer by e-mail. The buyer can use the cancellation form template by clicking here, but it is not mandatory.
The products must be returned properly, in their original packaging, in perfect resale condition (undamaged, damaged or dirty, accompanied by any accessories, documentation...) to the following address:
EONA Laboratoires Z.A. du Chenêt – BP 15 - 91490 MILLY LA FORET
The consumer must also attach to the return the original of the invoice, a copy of which will be kept.
Reimbursement will be made as follows :
- If the package is returned undamaged, the buyer will be refunded the price of the package and any shipping costs (standard delivery rate), the return costs being at the buyer's expense.
- If the package is not returned in its entirety (the buyer retains one or more of the items ordered), it will be refunded to the buyer the price of the returned product (s), any shipping costs will not be refunded and the cost of return will remain the responsibility of the buyer.
- If the product is returned due to the responsibility of EONA Laboratories, the product, any shipping and return costs will be refunded to the buyer.
Article 5 Methods of payment
All payments are made in cash when ordering by credit card or cheque, unless otherwise specified.
In the event of late payment and in accordance with Article L. 441-3 of the French Commercial Code, late payment penalties are due for non-payment on the day following the payment date indicated on the invoice. The interest rate of these late penalties is equal to 1.5 times the legal interest rate. In addition, a flat-rate penalty of €40 will be due for recovery costs.
Article 6 Deliveries
The products are delivered to the delivery address indicated at the time the order is placed by the customer. The observed delivery times are 48 hours.
EONA Laboratories undertakes to deliver within 3 working days, except in exceptional cases and/or force majeure.
The proposed delivery conditions only apply to Metropolitan France.
Article 7 Deadlines
All orders sent the same day are processed the next day at the latest (excluding public holidays and weekends) and sent as soon as possible. If this deadline is exceeded, any delay does not entitle the buyer to refuse the products, to request any discount on the sale price, to claim termination of the contract or damages.
Article 8 Ownership of goods
Until full payment has been made, EONA Laboratories remains the owner of the goods. (Law n° 80 335 of 12/05/1981).
Article 9 Warranty
All our products benefit from legal guarantees of delivery in conformity (Consumer Code art. L 211-4 and following) and against hidden defects (Civil Code art. 1641 and following) allowing the consumer to return products delivered not in conformity or defective.
- Consumer Code - Article L211-4: The seller is required to deliver a good in conformity with the contract and is liable for any lack of conformity existing at the time of delivery. He is also responsible for any lack of conformity resulting from the packaging.
- Consumer Code - Article L211-5: To be in conformity with the contract, the good must:
- 1º Be fit for the use usually expected of a similar good and, where applicable: correspond to the description given by the seller and possess the qualities that the seller has presented to the buyer in the form of a sample or model; present the qualities that a buyer can legitimately expect in view of the public statements made by the seller, the producer or his representative, in particular in advertising or labeling,
2º Or have the characteristics defined by mutual agreement between the parties or be suitable for any special use sought by the buyer, brought to the attention of the seller and accepted by the latter.
- Consumer Code - Article L211-12 : The action resulting from the lack of conformity is prescribed after two years from the delivery of the goods.
- Civil Code - Article 1641: The seller is bound by the warranty on account of hidden defects in the thing sold that make it unfit for the use for which it is intended, or that reduce this use so much that the buyer would not have acquired it, or would have given only a lower price, if he had known them.
- Civil Code - Article 1648 paragraph 1 : The action resulting from fundamental defects must be brought by the purchaser within two years of the discovery of the fault.
The buyer has a period of two years from the delivery of the property to act as a legal guarantee of conformity, regardless of any commercial guarantee. In the event of non-conformity of the goods, he may choose between replacement or repair, unless the latter is manifestly excessive. Proof of the existence of the lack of conformity shall not be required within 24 months of delivery of the goods. If the consumer implements the guarantee against hidden defects (art. 1641 of the Civil Code), he can choose between cancelling the sale or reducing the sale price (art. 1644 of the Civil Code).
Article 10 Responsibility
The products offered comply with current French legislation.
EONA Laboratories shall not be held liable for failure to perform the contract concluded in the event of force majeure, disruption or total or partial strike, in particular of postal services and means of transport and/or communications.
Article 11 Claims and arbitration
For any claims, our customer service is at your disposal :
Customer service EONA Laboratories
Z.A. du Chenêt
91490 MILLY LA FORET
01 60 78 93 03
For orders placed on the website, buyers can also submit any claims they may have on the dispute resolution platform put online by the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. The European Commission will refer the claim to the competent national arbitrators.
Article 12 Intellectual Property
All the contents of our website are and remain the intellectual and exclusive property of EONA Laboratories.
Article 13 Personal data
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, buyers have the right to access, rectify and delete data concerning them by writing to EONA Laboratories, Z.A. du Chenêt, BP 15, 91490 MILLY LA FORET, stating their full name, first name and address.
Article 14 Dispute Settlement
These online terms and conditions are subject to French law. The language of this contract is the French language. In the event of a dispute, the French courts shall have sole jurisdiction.
Cancellation Form Template
Please fill in and return this form only if you wish to cancel your order.
FOR THE ATTENTION OF
Z.A. du Chenêt,
91,490 MILLY LA FORET
I hereby notify you of the cancellation of my order for EONA products below:
Ordered on (*)/received on (*):...............................................................
Address of the consumer(s):.....................................................................................
Client signature only:..........................................................
(*) Delete as appropriate.